Posts in: Woodworking

Cookware Rack

A little over a year ago Jenni and I made this wall mounted cookware hanging rack. We’ve been wanting a place to put our pans for a while It’s tedious to manage them in a drawer or cabinet, if you can even fit them in there. Often some would just stay on the stove and need to be moved out of the way when cooking. Whenever I would see pans hanging, in person or in a photo, it seemed like the best solution.

Continue reading →

Bathroom Rack

I built a wall-mounted rack for a bathroom and am quite happy with how it turned out. The bathroom on the main level in our house is used occasionally by us. It is also the one that is used by visitors. It has never had a good place to put stuff. The sink doesn’t have enough room on it for anything besides the soap, and there is no vanity cabinet in which to put things.

Continue reading →

A tabletop shelf/box for the kitchen

Jenni wanted a shelf in the kitchen to organize things a little better and I wanted to make different kinds of boxes. That’s how this came to be. I’m a beginner woodworker and always on the lookout for new projects that I can use as an excuse to learn new skills, and let’s be honest, to buy new tools. For this project I ended up buying a new blade for my table saw.

Continue reading →