Published on [Permalink]
Posted in:

Over the last week I framed and installed a window in the shed in our yard.

As part of this project, I also started using a “real” video editor. I’ve edited videos in the past using iMovie, but this was quite different, as expected, and it was fun to pick up a lot of the beginner level skills in the process.

The editor I used was DaVinci Resolve, mostly because it has a version available for free and it is a very capable app for video editing on the Mac.

I watched a YouTube video to learn how to get going and to get familiar with the interface. Then I would search when I wanted to figure out how to do something specific as I went along e.g. extracting a frame to use as a thumbnail.

Update: 18th May, 2022.

A couple of weeks ago I finally got around to putting a frame on the window.

The other window on the shed has angled ends on the top piece, so I measured and mirrored them on the top piece of this one. I cut it on the table saw as shown in the photo below.

And here’s a photo of the window with the frame.

Maybe next month I’ll get around to painting it…


Upload images using Mimi.