I’ve been marveling at these first science images from the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) over the last week. Here they are, pulled from the official source linked below, followed by some links to interesting articles that give lovely context.
In the days since these images were released there have been a number of articles and posts that provide context for these images. Here are a few of those:
- Take a tour through the James Webb Space Telescope images: Highlights interesting features and provides a nice summary for them.
- Webb Compare: How much better is the James Webb Space Telescope compared to Hubble?
And this is only the start! I can’t wait to see all the images and discoveries the JWST will bring to humanity.
- Official gallery of these first images with link to full resolution versions
- Official site of all Webb images: The images will continue to show up here as the mission continues, and each image page provides great context.
- Official page of the raw data releases
Upload images using Mimi.